1. When you contact us to make a booking, we act as agent for the relevant carrier which will be disclosed in your documentation. We reserve the right to substitute the carrier if necessary. When we have confirmed your booking, a contract exists under which we accept responsibility for the provision of all the services described in our confirmation and our invoice.
2. Where we supply air tickets as agents for an ATOL holder, we do so under a contract separate from that for the supply of the rest of your holiday arrangements. Cancellation charges in respect of air tickets are levied by the principal concerned, and are in addition to cancellation charges levied by RUSSELL HAFTER HOLIDAYS.
Alteration of your Holiday
1. When you have made your contract with RUSSELL HAFTER HOLIDAYS, we will use our best endeavours to that none of the ingredients of your holiday arrangements has to be altered. However, you will appreciate that, because the arrangements are planned many months in advance, sometimes changes will have to be made. Where a significant change, for example, a change in destination. or a change to a lower grade of hotel for more than two nights, is made, you will be informed when you book, or, if you have already booked, as soon as possible, if there is time before your departure. You may then:
a) accept the change
b) book any other available holiday from this brochure (where the price is less we will pay you the difference, but where the price is more you will be expected to pay the difference) or
c) cancel your booking and receive a full refund of all monies paid.
In addition, we will pay compensation as below unless we are forced to make changes because of force majeur. For the purposes of your contract with us, force majeur is defined as unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control or that of our suppliers, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with the exercise of all due care.
Scale of Compensation (per person named on confirmation of booking)
Where the change is notified:
More than 42 days before departure NIL
21 to 42 days before departure £10
7 to 20 days before departure £15
less than 7 days before departure £20
Should we have to alter your arrangements after departure, we will make every effort to make suitable alternative arrangements. Where those arrangements are less expensive, you will be refunded the difference. Where they are more expensive, we will bear the cost. If the revised arrangements are not acceptable to you we will make arrangements to repatriate you. In any event we will compensate you as set out above.
Cancellation of your Holiday
1. RUSSELL HAFTER HOLIDAYS reserves the right to cancel your holiday arrangements. Should this happen, we will give you as early notification as possible and you will then be entitled;-
a) to book any other available holiday from this brochure (where the price is less we will pay you the difference, but where the price is more you will be expected to pay the additional cost), or
c) receive a full refund of all monies paid by you.
In addition, you will be entitled to receive compensation on basis defined in paragraph 1(c) under alteration, unless we are forced to cancel because of force majeur, which is also defined in paragraph 1 (c) (ii) under alteration.
2. Where the holiday is cancelled by the client for reasons other than those in condition 1 above, cancellation charges as detailed below will be levied. Notice of cancellation should be sent by first class post; the date of arrival at our office will be the operative date for the cancellation. Clients who cancel are advised to obtain a certificate of posting.
more than eight weeks before departure: loss of deposit
56 to 43 days notice: 40% 41 to 29 days notice: 60%
28 to 11 days notice: 80% 10 to 2 days notice: 90%
48 hours or less notice: 100%
Operation of the Holiday
1. RUSSELL HAFTER HOLIDAYS always does its best to make sure that your holiday arrangements are satisfactory.
2. We accept liability if your holiday arrangements are not supplied to you as described in this brochure and are not of a reasonable standard. This paragraph does not apply when you suffer personal injury which is subject to the terms of paragraph 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 & 9 below.
3. We accept liability for personal injury or death which you suffer as a result of our acts or omissions or as a result of the acts and omissions of any supplier contracted or subcontracted by us to provide services in connection with your holiday arrangements. This paragraph is subject to the terms of paragraphs 4, 6, 7,8 & 9 below.
4. We do not accept liability where there has been no fault on our part, or on the part of any of our suppliers and where the events complained of are due to an event which neither we nor our suppliers could have foreseen even if all due care had been exercised.
5. Where your holiday arrangements involve travel by air, rail or sea, or hotel accommodation, the compensation which we are liable to pay is limited in accordance with the provisions of, respectively, the Warsaw Convention as amended by the Hague Protocol 1955, the 1961 Berne Convention and the 1962 Paris Convention.
6. Should you or any member of your party suffer illness, personal injury or death through any misadventure out of an activity which does not form part of our holiday arrangements, nor part of any excursion sold through us, we shall offer you every assistance we can. This includes advice, guidance, and initial financial assistance in the form of legal expenses insurance.
7. If you have a complaint, this must be brought to our attention within 28 days of the end of the holiday.
Changes to the Price of the Holiday
1. Prices are based on the exchange rates and travel costs applying at the date shown in the brochure. If there is a change to the rate or scope of VAT, then your final invoice will reflect this with a price increase or reduction as appropriate, provided that the change amounts to at least 2% of the brochure price. There will be no change in price during the 30 days before departure.
Other Booking Conditions
1. RUSSELL HAFTER HOLIDAYS shall be under no liability for any loss arising from a client's decision to travel without insurance.
2. Clients must be in possession of valid travel documents as described on page 15 of the brochure. No responsibility can be accepted by RUSSELL HAFTER HOLIDAYS for inconvenience, loss, or delay arising from failure to comply with other country's immigration regulations.
3. A non-returnable deposit of £60 per person is payable when you book. The balance is payable 8 weeks before departure. Bookings less than 8 weeks from departure must be paid in full and a late booking fee may be payable.
4. RUSSELL HAFTER HOLIDAYS reserve the right to decline acceptance of any booking without stating a reason.
5. These booking conditions are the basis of the contract you enter with RUSSELL HAFTER HOLIDAYS by completing and signing the booking form. Clients signing on behalf of third parties also bind those third parties to the contract.